Monday, May 17, 2010

Today was my first day of work. It was crazy!

Basically, my job will be to update portfolios in the women's division. It sounds easy, but it is very time consuming. I only got three done today.  I go through each model's portfolios (some have 4 or 5) and make sure they all match each other (picture size, coloring, etc). Whenever a picture doesn't match, I order one over the computer and pick it up down the hall.  They told me at the beginning of the day to send the files over iChat because walking back and forth constantly can get old; boy, were they right.  At first I thought it wasn't really that far of a walk, but after making the trip probably 30 times, I realized two things: do as much as possible over the computer, and don't leave anything down there! I kept forgetting things, and having to walk back. Whew. Anyways, after picking it up, I cut the picture to the correct size and put it in the portfolio. Thennnn, I go back down the hall to get new labels for the portfolios because some of the labels are out of whack.  Needless to say, my feet are killing me. But it is a lot of fun! The busyness of it is exciting.

I was surprised by how many models kept walking in the office.  They are all as pretty as their pictures. I swear, it looked like none of them needed to be airbrushed.  And they were all so young! It was kind of cool seeing a model walk in after I just updated her portfolio.

After a long day of work, I went to dinner with Meagan and a few of her friends in Chinatown.  It was sooo good. I'm usually not a big fan of Chinese food, but I've only eaten buffet before.  After dinner, Meagan and I took the subway home... and ran into some interesting characters. First, while waiting for the subway, this old asian woman apparently took a liking to us.  We were standing there for about ten minutes, and she just stared at us and smiled the ENTIRE time. It was so strange! Eventually we just busted out laughing because it was so creepy.  Thank God, the subway came shortly after that.  So we got on, and after a while this girl behind me started yelling to her boyfriend about this "stupid white girl" (she was white too) and how she was gonna "punch her if she don't move."  Meagan started laughing, and then I realized she was talking about me! Ha. I had my back turned to her so I didn't realize how close I was to her, but she was getting pretty rowdy. I moved away from her, and as we got off the subway she glared at us and said "HAVE A NICE DAY."

You really do meet some different people in this city.

Well, I am going to bed. I am so worn out.
Anthropologie interview tomorrow after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment