Sunday, May 23, 2010

I (partially) moved into the dorm today! Still waiting on some boxes to arrive, but I got my clothes moved in. I only got to meet one of my roommates so far.  Her name is Jay, she's interning at MTV this summer.  Sweet girl.  We're still waiting on another girl to show up.  The dorm room is HUGE. We have our own bathroom, 3 closets, and a storage room.  We're on the 3rd floor and have a great view of the neighborhood.

Our biggest dilemma was a lack of TV.  Neither of us had one, but both of us have to sleep with one.  So, Meagan came to the rescue and suggested we look under "free stuff" on Craigslist.  She found us a 22" TV that was completely free from a guy who lived a block or two away from us.  We pulled up, he put the TV in our car, and voila.  Problem solved. I love New York.

2 comments:

  1. Love your page Marissa!!! Love you...Uncle Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO glad you're blogging. I'll try to keep up. I read them all a little while ago and it sounds like you're having a blast. Have you been reading Scott Haney's blog? You are both good writers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete