Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's been almost a full week since I've updated! I'll try my best to do a full recap of the past few days...

Well, first of all, I'm officially living in the dorm. It's great! It's a short walk to work and in a great neighborhood. I took pictures that I will post later.  The third roommate has yet to move in, but J. and I are having fun regardless.  By the way, NYU has dining halls figured out for real.  There are 4 dining halls and a few random locations around Union Square that we can use for our meals.  The only dining hall I've been to yet is a buffet with about every possible food imaginable: home style, vegetarian, pizza, sandwiches, hamburgers, salads, soups, a waffle maker (??), cereal, and desserts.  I'm glad I walk so much up here.. otherwise I wouldn't be recognizable when I come back home.

Work is going really well.  It can be stressful at times.  I'm glad I'm a multitasker, otherwise I would be completely lost.  There are several jobs I'm doing at once.  Currently, I'm updating 3 portfolios while getting models to fill out information sheets whenever they come in and writing down every editorial/test shot the models have taken in the past 6 months.  As far as the portfolios go, those can take a long time because I have to order prints for each girl and it can take up to a couple hours to get them, so I have to find little jobs to do in between.  On top of that, if I update a portfolio for one of the girls and it ends up that one of her books was checked out while I updated the rest of them, I have to look for the books when they return and go back and update those as well.  Thank God for post-it notes.

I think I've eaten more cupcakes in the past 2 weeks than I have in the past 5 years. It's always someone's birthday.  I may have already written about the cupcake thing, but there was another birthday celebration today involving cupcakes.  Again, I'm really glad I walk so much.

Oh, so here's a pretty random story that made my week.  Last night, I went out with Meagan and her friends.  Meagan was talking to a couple guys, and I ended up meeting them as well.  One of them, I would say around age 35, was named Shamone.  When he told me his name, I said, "I believe Michael Jackson used your named quite a bit in his songs." (Listen to "Bad.") He then tells me that his cousin used to live in Michael Jackson's neighborhood when he was really young, and he actually got to meet him once.  After introducing himself to Michael Jackson, MJ starts to repeatedly say his name.  "Shamone... hmm.. Shamone... that's so musical."  Apparently, a year later the "Bad" CD came out... coincidence???

Tomorrow morning, Sugarland will be playing in Central Park for FREE.  It's part of the GMA summer concert series.  I'm so thankful that I have a roommate from the south... because we are definitely going. Very excited. (I'm not a huge Sugarland fan, but I think it'll be a nice reminder of home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment