Thursday, June 17, 2010

I know, I know. It's been almost 2 weeks since I've written anything. I'll do my best to give a full recap.

First of all, TYLER IS HERE!!! His plane landed at 2 and thankfully Ford let me leave early for the day so we met at Grand Central.  He loves New York so far.  Little does he know, I am so about to wear him out this weekend.  We have a weekend packed of pretty much everything New York has to offer with absolutely no downtime. The thought of it alone made him sleepy, so he's taking a nap right now. :)

We have 2 new interns at Ford.  One is a super nice guy named Christian; he's in a broadway play and is just doing this internship on the side. (You know, the usual.) The other is named Marisa. She started last Friday.  It can get pretty hectic with 3 of us there (especially when Marisa and I are working together and someone says "Marissa/sa?" and we both turn around and say "yes?"), so they kind of spaced it out to where we all have at least one day to ourselves, and all 3 of us never work at the same time. It actually makes things go slower with more people there.  Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have more people to help with the overall project, but it's very difficult to teach the system I created. I think I'm kind of OCD. And I'm not a very good teacher, I sort of just assumed they knew this and that, so I'll randomly find something that wasn't taken care of because no one (aka me) showed them.  I'm sure it will get better though.  It took me about a week or two to get the hang of things.

One thing is for sure, I did realize the other day that I will not be working in this industry after I graduate.  My eyes were opened to the ugly side of the business a couple days ago. I'm going to just leave it at that, considering this is a public blog.

I started at Anthro on Monday. What a day to start! It was the night before inventory, so we had to pull out every single tag from every article of clothing in the store.  It was pretty intense. The store is really big too, I would say it's probably 3 times as big as the Ridgeland store... so that's a lot of ground to cover.  It was fun, though.  I met a lot of new people just in one night of working. Plus, it's in such a great location. I'm absolutely in love with the Chelsea area. If I ever live here, that is where I'm living for sure.

I know I have more to write, but I really can't think of anything else right now.  If it comes to me, I'll update this post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment