Saturday, June 5, 2010

First and foremost, I have a question. Does anyone want to donate to my fan fund? Our room has no AC in the dorm, we only have one fan, and I'm dying! It's so hot here. I'm sweating every morning when I wake up, and I don't even wear any covers. Even Haley Barbour said today at Missisippi Day that New York summers are way hotter than Mississippi summers. Fact.

Okay, now on to a few updates.

I love getting lost in New York.  Yesterday afternoon, I left the dorm and just started walking around... no destination really, just wanted to walk.  After getting to Union Square, I decided to walk to Chelsea and find where I'll be working.  Even though it was slightly out of the way, I walked about 8 blocks north of the Chelsea Market so I could go by Hotel Chelsea again. Hotel Chelsea is the previous home to Edie Sedgwick, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Joni Mitchell (she wrote the song "Chelsea Morning" in her room there) , all the girls from Andy Warhol's "Chelsea Girls," and many more... that probably explains why I love it so much. This time, I asked a Janis Joplin doppelganger outside if it was possible to walk inside.  She said to just act like I was a resident and I would be fine, so that's exactly what I did.  I tried to quickly sneak a couple pictures, but I figured that would be a dead giveaway that I didn't live there.  The two pictures I did take aren't that great of quality, but here they are:



I saw a sign in the lobby about a tour of the building in a couple weeks.  They take you through the entire building, including notable bedrooms from the past. Hopefully I'll be off work so I can go. 

Here a few more pictures I took while touring the neighborhoods around there:



where I'm working on my days off of Ford


for all you SATC lovers out there




Starting work at Anthro tomorrow morning. Hopefully it goes well. :)

1 comment: